Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Soccer/Fútbol

I've never really been a big soccer fan and that hasn't really changed even though I'm in a place obsessed with it, but last night a group of my friends and I went to watch one of the biggest games in Spain - Real Madrid v. Barcelona - and it was actually a great time. It was a little different watching sports without either my clarinet or a couch, but everyone's excitement and chanting created a pretty good atmosphere. We decided to go to an Irish place because the commentary would be broadcast in English and also because we had a few Barcelona fans and a few Madrid fans in our group and this way we weren't at a place filled entirely with fans of just one team.
My program offers a class called "Soccer Obsession" which I went to for the first two weeks I was here - unfortunately it's only for business majors and is only taught in English, which means I can't take it, and then I got my internship so I have less time as well - but I think it's really cool that you could have an entire class on the business that is soccer. It's definitely much more than just a game here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment