Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Typical Week

Sunday: Get home from Barcelona and sleeeeep

Monday: Internship! Lots of time promoting the conference cycle about education and memory - starting this week with "The Right to Education in Danger: Aggression Towards the Social Right of Citizenship". Afterwards, studying for my EU midterm.

Tuesday: EU midterm in the morning, break for lunch 2-3, History and Culture class in the afternoon (we're starting to learn the history of the Borbon kings). Group meeting with AU Abroad visitor and tapas with everyone for dinner!

Wednesday: Internship again - started using Tweetdeck to manage Twitter better and line up tweets to send when I'm not at the office. Uploaded pictures from Barcelona, started my final paper for my internship credits, found out I was officially accepted to study in Italy this summer!!! and skyped with the family :)

Conference at Ateneo de Madrid
Thursday: Lit and Film class about the Vanguardia (Avant-garde) literature movement at the beginning of the 20th century. We also got our midterms back (A-!!) After class, quick lunch and then headed downtown to Ateneo de Madrid (think tank) to listen to presentations about democracy and citizenship for the internship. Later, dinner out with some friends!

Friday: Paseo class - we were supposed to go to El Capricho Park (18th century historical park) but we got there and it was closed (now only open saturdays and sundays for a fee due to the economic crisis). But to make it up to us, our professor took us to Retiro Park and we got to go out on the row boats! After, I had a picnic in the park, read some of my book for Lit class, and may have even fallen asleep in the sun. Even better - when I got home we had paella for dinner!

Row Boats at Retiro
Saturday: Slept in :) Wrote my Barcelona blog post, got all ready to go to El Capricho Park, and then realized it's raining outside. Decided to work on reading my lit book and finishing my internship paper, so of course I found time to write this instead x)

No comments:

Post a Comment