Thursday, April 4, 2013

Update!

Aaaaand somehow it's been almost a month since I last posted...oops. Well, since then - there was a week between Barcelona and spring break - kinda uneventful, but I did cook dinner for my host family(I of course made pasta sauce)! And then the Spring Break adventure began! I spent the week in London and Paris, yea I live a blessed life :)

I've posted about 200 photos on facebook (out of 600 so I did a good job not going overboard) so you've probably seen most of the highlights of my trip in photo form, but...

In London my favorite things were definitely seeing the London Eye and Big Ben at night and touring Shakespeare's Globe Theater. The theater actually has a whole museum attached which is filled with some pretty cool stuff. It was also nice to take a day trip out of town to Windsor, Oxford, and Stonehenge, but seeing as it was -10 degrees that day, I was a bit more thankful for the time I got to spend indoors x)
Katie, Lorna and I at the Lourve
In Paris, I have a new second favorite city (second only to DC) because even though it was cold there too, the city was gorgeous. My friends and I went a bit crazy on our first day and did almost every main tourist attraction there is (which made my feet hurt, but was wonderful) and meant there was time for us to take our time the rest of the week and leisurely see some other things... and go back to the Eiffel Tower every day. The highlight was seeing the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night (it sparkles for 5 minutes on the hour after dark).

This week has had some late nights as I decided to take Spring Break completely off and leave my homework for this week... but it was worth it :)  Also on the wonderful side, I also got a surprise from Grammie and Grandpa in the form of Easter Chocolate in the mail!!!! We had a paseo class to a flamenco show - and when I told my host mother about it she wanted to show me her old dresses and dressed me up in one (see pic). And tomorrow we have a day trip to Burgos to see plants and buckets of liquid. (Actually we get to see an orchard for grapes and olives and see them making wine and olive oil :)

No comments:

Post a Comment